Monday, January 3, 2011

sitting alone

Sitting alone

The time came so fast
When your breath became your last

Without you by my side
Sitting In this empty chair
Listening  to the still air

I think about the last time we were together
I thought it would be like that forever

I sit in a pool of sorrow
Holding on until tomorrow

On my check a salty trail lingers
That I wipe away with my fingers

My thoughts go back to you
As they often do

I think about your smile
As the memories start to compile

I miss you everyday
In each and every way

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful poem about loss. It reminds you how all the time you have is precious.
Remember the good times :)
Here's my blog, I'm a writer too, if you have time to check it out.
http://faithsblog-thequill.blogspot.com
keep writing :)