Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New contest

I entered my first story for Scinti. This is the first contest of theirs I am entering. I actually rewrote my story three different times. Here is some of the beginning. You will have to wait to see if I make the finals to read the rest of my story.

Excitement filled my heart when I heard my mother call me into her bedroom one October morning before school. I had heard her on the phone talking while I was getting dressed for school. Erin, my best friend, was mentioned. It could only be that she was going to come over and stay another weekend. A few months prior to this morning, she had come to stay because her parents had gone on a business trip. Skipping to some unknown exciting news, I entered my parents’ room. The scene there was not something that I had expected to see. My sister and dad were both on my parents’ bed with tears in their eyes. My thirteen-year-old brain was completely confused. They would not be crying if Erin was going to spend another night. Maybe she had to move again. She had moved out of our town a year prior to this crisp and cold fall morning. I sat on my mother’s bed facing her with a look of confusion.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Sounds great. Can't wait to read the rest.