Tuesday, May 17, 2011

That is Daddy

That is Daddy


He is the one with scrapped knees
The one that will teach me about the birds and bees
He is the one that will hug me when needed
Will push me, until I have succeeded

I want to be just like him
Become the man he is from within
Take care of the family
And do so happily

He is the one that has been there everyday
In each and every way
He has taught me to swing a bat
And gave me my first baseball hat

One day I will do the same
I will be called the greatest name
My son will look at me
It is him who he will see

He is the one that takes me fishing
As we sat there wishing
He has always taught me so much more
Before we got back to shore

There is only one man
That can be this grand
Only one that can do all of these things
That makes young boys dreams have wings

That is daddy

No comments: